Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Hot Bay City Nights


As a man (or furry) with five years behind me in Second Life, there’s things to be seen still. I heard about a classic car show held at Bay City so I checked it out. I was greeted by a nice lady named Uccle Poultry who told me all about it. Walking in, I saw cars from the 50’s that reminded me of the movie Back to the Future starring Michael J Fox. Also by dumb luck I met one of the Lindens, Tommy Linden. He was quite happy to give me his teddy bear and participate in the event. Anytime you meet any Linden, ask him or her for their teddy bear.

Besides being a classic car show, it was also supporting Childsplay, a charity that buys video game systems for children in hospitals. You can learn more at http://www.childsplaycharity.org/ One of the car sellers named Anthony who makes 2zoetic Motors cars said that half his profits will go this charity. Wanting to support Childsplay I bought his Regalla car for 750L.

An event I wished to see but was too late was a “Miss Bay City” Bikini contest held on the 18th. I’m writing this article on the 20th. Doh!


The car show is being held August 17th to the 26th. One of the main events that I was told about was a car wash being hosted  by Pygar Bu on Wednesday August 22nd that also supports Childsplay. His car wash is 10 till noon. If you happen to miss that car wash, you can still catch another the same day at 6-8 hosted by Ever Dreamscape. The last car wash is August 2-4 pm, also hosted by Ever Dreamscape.  The car wash donations go directly to Childsplay. I might have to check out one of the car washes with my new car.  The last day has a party with Benny the Boozehound  at 5-7 pm SL time the 26th.

Doing a random search I found a raceway to test out my new car. There were speed controls on the hud and also the option to change color of the car. Matching my white griffin self I kept the car as the original white. It was a thrill to both support Childsplay the nonprofit and drive around in a vintage car for kicks.

The car washes are hosted by Bay City volunteers ready to greet you and to wash your car.
Bay City is still looking for more volunteers to help with this event. Anyone who is interested is donating their time contact Marianne McCann or Ever Dreamscape.

If you get the chance check out the Hot Bay City Nights event. I had fun browsing around looking at the stylish cars, and actually buying one. Or if you have a SL car already, go to one of the car washes and get your car clean and support the charity Childsplay.
http://www.childsplaycharity.org/

Grease Coakes

No comments:

Post a Comment